Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Same-Ol', Same-Ol'

I am still slogging away on the Cornelia Hamilton Cabled Pullover. This is taking forever to finish. I have one whole arm complete and part of the yoke.

I took it with me to my Mom's place over the holidays and worked on it when I had time. I'm currently knitting the yoke section that goes over the chest and around both arms and back. It looks like a scarf at the moment, one that curls and drives you nuts because of the curling. See?

It looks much better uncurled:



I was hoping that I could tell you that this section is finished, but, I have one and a half repeats to go on it. Not sure why I'm so slow with cables. I can fly with lace and stockinette and garter, so why not with cables? I'm not using a cable needle, so that's a bit faster than if I was using one. Is it because I'm having to look at my directions so often? If anyone has any tips on going faster with cables, I'd appreciate the advice. Maybe with Christmas over it'll go a little faster. yeah, right.

I'm way tickled about my new camera. I can finally take a decent picture with things that are red. This the first time I've been able to take a pic of this project and have it show up the way it is in real life. By the way, this is a Knit Picks yarn, Wool of the Andes, in the color Iron Ore. Beautiful red.