Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mom's Day Project Part One

I've worked with children for years now and I have an infinite patience with them. Except, that is, with my own. Why? You'd think it would be the opposite, wouldn't you?

So we began the Mother's Day project for both Grandmothers. The Youngest reacted very negatively to the whole experience because he hates getting stuff on his hands. He then proceeded to wipe his hands all down his legs. Did I mention that we were using a bright yellow acrylic paint? I had the Eldest on standby to help me out. I asked for a wet paper towel. I did not however, ask for one that was dripping wet. sigh. Big mess.
Pretend you don't see this Mom


A good time was not had by all. In fact, I don't think anyone enjoyed the process. I sorta lost my temper a little. Thankfully I had the presence of mind to do this on the kitchen tile floor and not the kitchen table. No telling how much acrylic paint would have found it's way onto the chairs, chair pads, table, etc...

Having my children working together on projects like this is like herding cats. It just never works out the way I want it to. I'll show you how it all turns out on Monday. I've still got a few steps to do, but thankfully the rest of the project can be done solo. It should be super cute. The GrandMom's are gonna love it.
blog comments powered by Disqus