Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Seeing Red!

Today's post is brought to you by the number 2 and the color red. Yep, there's two red objects for your viewing pleasure.

When I got home from child chauffering this afternoon, there was a package waiting for me. A few months ago I had entered a contest from the Meema blog. I was a runner up, but she said she'd send alpaca my way anyway. I had forgotten all about it until I saw the city where it came from - St. Paul, MN. Oh boy! Alpaca!

This is way cool! Look what she sent:

It's red alpaca!
How sweet this lady is! There is just the barest hint of yellow mixed in with the red. Gorgeous! It's incredibly soft too. The Youngest grabbed it out of my hands before I could do a thing and rubbed it all over his face. Luckily for me, he missed wiping the snotty nose with it.

Anyway, a big THANK YOU to MEEMA!


For our second red object, I lay before you a partial sleeve:


This sucker is taking a while. And it's not like I haven't been working on it either. This may be, next to Annie Modesitt's corset, the most complicated thing that I've knit. Some of my cables tend to get a little tight and after a while it makes my wrist hurt to knit on it. But it's turning out so great! (ahem, So far. I don't want to jinx myself.)
blog comments powered by Disqus