Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mishap at Grandma's - Pic intensive

While I was at my spinning class on Saturday, there was a mishap at Grandma's house. Unbeknownst to me, the Youngest was hell-bent on tripping over his own feet and bashing his face on a bed rail, all while playing tag with his Grandmother. My hubby already told his Mom that if this sort of thing keeps up she just might lose babysitting privileges. He was kidding, of course. :) There's no way someone could have prevented something like this from happening. My kids always manage to hurt themselves when they're right next to a supervising adult. :sigh:

When I got to her house, there was a small quarter of an inch cut, or deep scratch across his nose almost between his eyes. Nobody thought much about it at the time. There were no bruises or swelling and he didn't even cry over it, not once. So, no big deal, right? The next day though....

Take a look at this. I've taken a picture each day so you can see the progress of bruising and swelling. I've been terrified of taking him out of the house for fear that someone would think I had abused him.

Sunday Morning - notice the swelling between the eyes.


Closeup of swelling - It actually got bigger than this.Monday afternoon
Today
The swelling is gone now, but he's starting to resemble a racoon. How do you keep a rough and ready two year old from knocking himself silly?

Taking a pic of Mommy taking a pic of him:



3 comments:

  1. OMG! My little cute man is also a tough little cute man. I would have cried...that HAD to hurt!

    Boys! What do ya do!?

    Hugs!

    *I'm glad he's okay*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!! It made my face hurt to look at his poor little face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:19 PM

    Poor kiddo! Hope he's all better now...

    ReplyDelete