Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Saturday Market Bag

I finished the Saturday Market Bag:

DSCF0001

This would have been a pretty quick knit if the Youngest hadn't gotten sick. Very easy pattern.

My mods - I basically followed the modifications found on the Distressed blog. However, here is what I changed.
I used size 11 needles since I don't have 15s in my needle set. I cast on 45 sts and did 22 repeats of the lace pattern to compensate for the smaller needles. I did not change to a smaller size needle for the handles, just kept on going with the 11s. I picked up 3o sts. for the handle section. I did a regular cast off instead of my new preferred stretchy cast off that you can find on Grumperina's blog in order to add more support for the handles. I also did approx. 24 rows of garter for the handles in order to make them a bit shorter.
That's it. Now, what the heck to I do with the bag? I began this project with no destination for the bag at the end. Oh well, I'll think of something.

1 comment:

  1. I like it!

    I am thinking of making a bag like this, too.

    ReplyDelete