Monday, April 28, 2008

New Toy

While I was away with the kids this weekend and my husband was supposed to be doing important stuff like, oh, say, taxes and legal business type crap, what did he do? He made me this:
Lazy Kate & Bobbins
It's a copy of something I found on etsy last week that I thought was incredibly clever and simple. Since it is a copy, I won't give you the specific measurements that the hubby used to make it. If you don't have a handy man around to whip you one up though, go to etsy and do a search for a lazy kate for drop spindlers. These are so handy and so worth having around for the drop spindler!

I can give you the basics though. He made me 4 bobbins made out of pvc pipe and end caps. He then made a base with 4 dowels placed into it. I love it. It's my early Mom's day gift from him. It has already made life much easier for storing singles and then plying them together.

I completed plying some of them this morning and I'm tickled with how it turned out:
Ready for blocking

All I need to do now with this is block it. I'm waiting to block all of the yarns in this colorway together at the same time, so it will be a while.

Don't you like my new toy?
blog comments powered by Disqus