Friday, January 25, 2008

My Good Buddy Mr. Nyquil

Note to self for future reference: When spending quality time with your good buddy Mr. Nyquil, perhaps you should avoid trying to set sleeves into the sweater you are constructing.

What did I do try to do last night? I finished knitting the sleeves (two at same time) and began setting them into the sweater. Care to guess how that went? My buddy, Mr. Nyquil (remember him?) was a huge help in this endeavor. The kind of huge that a two year old might be with a needle and yarn. As a matter of fact, that's what it looked like. It looked like I had given the Youngest the project and said - go for it!

So. This afternoon I took another go at it and it's much better. Far from perfect, but better. I've decided that I really don't like doing sleeves this way. Next time I will alter the pattern and pick up the stitches and do sleeves in the round in order to avoid this whole disaster.

Next time, I will invite Mr. Dayquil over and forbid Mr. Nyquil from being in the vicinity of the entire project.



Tonight I will begin on the lace and we'll see what happens. Wish me luck, being sick really sucks.
blog comments powered by Disqus