Thursday, November 29, 2007

knitting dilemma

I gots a dilemma here at Chez Shea. It has to do with the Minimalist Cardigan. As it turns out, it's not so minimalist.

My swatch LIED to me! I was so careful. I swatched. I washed. I laid it flat. I measured. Oh the inhumanity! My sweater is measuring up to be one size up from the one I intended.

If I had been freakin' paying attention though, I would have caught this soon enough where frogging the whole thing would not be as painful.

My dilemma is this: Do I hope for the best and go ahead and block it and hope it will be a smaller size? Or do I frog and begin again?

Sure, I could force it to be smaller as I block it, but we gotta remember that this is done primarily in Moss Stitch which tends to stretch. What are the chances that it would just stretch back out?

But! I was so close to the finish on this. It's a very painful thought, beginning again.

What would you do? Please, I'm begging you, leave a comment and help me out with some advice!

As Katie Scarlett O'Hara said, "I'll think about that tomorrow" or at least after Christmas. Now I have to get to work on my Dad's socks that I promised him. I am aiming to get one pair done, but hope for two. I refuse to stress myself out on this one. If I get two done, great. If not, he gets an IOU on the second.

Obviously I'm not one of those people who line up a million and one projects for Christmas. Nope, not me, no way. I got enough stress just keeping the Christmas ornaments alive each day from the Youngest's efforts to destroy them all one glass ball at a time.



I am my Christmas tree's Champion! I will defend it's, err... balls? it's chastity? Why exactly am I defending it again? oh yeah. children + glass. = bad. right. got it now, thanks.

Cammie says, "If I'm not looking at you, you can't see me hiding under here."

blog comments powered by Disqus