Friday, October 05, 2007

Roving!

20 more rows of Clementine have been completed. I think I noticed a mistake though about 4 rows back. And, since I have become newly emboldened with ripping lace, not to mention that the mistake is quite noticeable, those 4 rows will have to go. Ah well.

Next week, Thursday to be exact, I take my first spinning class! I am very excited. It's a drop spindle class, not wheel though. Drop spindles are much cheaper. I want to see if I like it first before I invest in a wheel.

A while back I had ordered a drop spindle kit. It came with a small amount of roving, but it was Blue Suffolk. I wanted something a little bit softer. I ordered some white roving from The Sheep Shed Studio. They've got really good prices and boy was the customer service great. They sent my order (in two days), and with it was some Yellow and Brown superwash roving as a thank you. How cool is that? I can't remember the last time I ordered something, received it that fast and got a freebie with it. Now, I can't guarantee they'll do that every time an order is placed with them, but they definitely earned a return customer today. And to top it off, the roving is sooooooo soft!

mmmmm, soft!
blog comments powered by Disqus