Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Injuries and Marketing Gimmicks

Sometimes the dumbest things lead to injuries. Yesterday, doing the "grab the basics" thing at the grocery store, I managed to somehow lift a bag of groceries wrong. It wasn't even "that" heavy, just heavy enough to do damage to my shoulder. All day today, I've had pain at the oddest moments. It doesn't happen every time I move, just sometimes and I can't figure out why. I really hope it's not a rotator cuff injury. I really don't feel like getting an operation. I'm crossing my fingers that it's only going to be a pulled/strained muscle. I'm actually scared to try to knit or spin tonight. I don't want any repetitive motion stuff to make it worse. I'll skip tonight and see how things feel tomorrow.

Anyhoo, I was reading a blog today (Unusual Business Ideas That Work) that mentions a business that falls into the "why didn't I think of that?" category. This company gets these little old ladies to knit socks for people on demand. Now anyone can knit socks on demand (as a matter of fact, send me money and I'll knit you a pair), but not everyone can just come up with a cute gimmick like this one. The Grannies are shown on the site and you can read up on each one too. You pick out the yarn colors, tell them your size, send them money and it's off to the races. What a great marketing idea. Here's the site: Your Grandma's Socks

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I lifted a turkey out of the oven and herniated three cervical disks. Food is dangerous. I have never hurt myself lifting a ball of yarn, and I think I will content myself with doing things like that!

    Thanks for the compliments on the Black Widow.

    We care fairly close to each other--I am up in Cleveland (neaer Dahlonega). We should meet for coffee and yarn-ball lifting sometime!

    ReplyDelete