Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer Camp 2007 - Son Seekers Nation Vacation

Are ya feelin' the love?


I survived the week of Drama Camp 2007. It was a definite success! I had 30 fabulous kids (not one rotten one in the bunch!) and didn't have any discipline problems (mostly), yeah! The parents all seemed pleased. I found out from some of the staff up at the church that this is the most popular of the elementary camps that are offered. That makes me feel awesome! We had to turn some kids away. It would be lovely if we could expand the camp, but the problem is that I'm only one person. I can only handle so many kids at one time. If I had help that I could count on, life would be better. I did have some great interns (four college kids that helped out a bit).


Check out the next pic and see if you can find out what's wrong with the picture. I'll tell ya what's wrong, it's sneakin' away! Somehow Texas and Florida got together and said, "Hey, we don't want to be a part of this chicken farm production" and decided to leave. Love how the panhandles look more like feet than handles. Looks like Louisiana got in on the act. Male, the USA is definitely male. Obviously, my creative skills do not lean towards freehand drawing. All of my set stuff was done on the giant pink insulation that you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. We primered them, drew on them (my husband did the bus which is why it looks like it should) and then let the kids paint them. Hmm, shouldn't the USA be wider than it is tall?

Sneakin' away


Some of the kids during rehearsal

My Leads - check out the one on the right. Recognize him?

Two lonely cacti


I didn't get any pics of the actual production. I was a bit busy. It was quite funny really. I sit in front of them off the stage and mirror the choreography so that they can remember what to do and when to do it. Every single time I stopped, they stopped doing what they were supposed to do. When I messed up, they did. They'd all make great Lemmings.
blog comments powered by Disqus