Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Deadlines!

Ok. Time crunch is beginning. I've got two major deadlines coming and haven't really done much to get everything going. That's okay though, I work better under major stress. really.

Deadline 1: A uniform consignment sale at my eldest's school. I am heading this thing up and so far have no helpers and very few participants. Not really thrilled about this one. This happens May 24th.

Deadline 2: I am directing another Drama Camp this summer. This one is very intensive. The kids get a full on crash course in musical theater. They learn about building sets, making props, costumes, choreography, scripts, solos, etc. In approximately 15 hours they do all this and then show their parents and invited guests what they've learned by putting on the play. It's a dinner theater is well, so they get to learn about starving while their patrons eat and watch. This will be my third time direction one of these camps. It's very rewarding. I've had several of my students go on to community theater and school plays. I can tell you now I will be absolutely wiped out at the end of the week. This will be June 4-8.

Have I done much for the camp? um. not really. I've partiallly designed the set that we will make out of insulation that goes on houses. I've bought tshirts for them to tie dye for costumes. That's about it. My stomach is in knots.

I've decided to accept the tiny "villager" part in the summer broadway show. Still supremely miffed about it, but am attempting to get over it.

For your amusement, here's a pic of me in a past broadway show: Suessical. If you ever get a chance to see this done by a reputable theater troupe - Go see it! It's more skewed for adults and is absolutely hysterical! See that pink door there? My beehive wig hit it every single time I went through it. Foot high hair and small doors are not a good combination.

ooooh! Beehive hair! orange legs!


Still working on the stole. Will have an update soon when there is significant change to photograph.
blog comments powered by Disqus