Mystere is now 40% complete. That's fancy talk for the front (or the back since they're both the same) is done.
It's also been blocked within an inch of it's life. I don't know if it was the yarn or what, but my confidence in this piece was less than great. So, I decided to get out the schematics of the pattern and block this to make sure everything was like it should be. I should have trusted myself more I guess. The piece was dead on with the schematics. Yay!
This has been fairly fun to knit. I love how subtle the cable is in the front and the texture that surrounds it. There's garter stitch at the bottom edge, reverse stockinette at the sides and the cable panel in the middle. I also like the waist shaping that is happening in the piece as well. This has been great for moving watching due to it's simplicity.
The one thing that I'm not liking is the yarn. The yarn (Nashua Hand Knits Creative Focus Worsted) is a lofty, single ply mix of alpaca and wool. The ball band says it's a 10 ply, but if that's a 10 ply yarn, then I'm a jack rabbit. It's looks like it is softer than it really is and it's very fuzzy. I don't mind that part, but what I do mind is the splittiness of the yarn.
It's very easy to only grab part of the loop your working with and not notice until the next row. When this happens it's very noticeable. I've just been grabbing the stray loops and pulling them up onto the needle with the loop above it and working them together and that seems to be doing fine, but it's still a bit messy looking. However, I'm not ripping back every time I find one. I'd never get this sweater finished if I did that! It happens pretty much every two rows. Yuck. I won't be purchasing this yarn again.