Monday, October 05, 2009

Not the Best Day

It's been an utterly frustrating day.  We found out today that the hubby has been given his two weeks notice which is, frankly, terrifying.

In the not quite so bad category, but still frustrating.  I ran out of yellow yarn for my son's Quidditch Sweater.  I only need about six more rows worth of it too.  I am now pleading with various and sundry people on Ravelry for their leftover yarn, but I think I'm going to have to suck it up and purchase another skein to be able to finish this sweater. I am about 95% finished with the sweater and it's now come to a halt.



Better news, I started a different knitting project to fill in the time.  This is a slouchy beret that is being made from my own handspun yarn:



This was spun from fiber that I dyed with Kool-Aid and then mixed using my homemade hackle.  I love the coral and turquoise in the yarn.  The only problem with this hat is that in order to wear it I'll have to start straightening my hair again.  Curly hair has memory.  What ever shape you put it in, it keeps.  So when my hat makes hat hair.  It's there until I wash it out.  It also sticks out in about a billion directions from under the hat.  It's not particularly attractive.  I'll have to take a picture and show you sometime.

So, that's it for today.  It could have been better.