Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Selfish Project!

After knitting lace for someone else for the past month and a half, I began a purely selfish project for myself:
I heart these colors
This is one quarter of the W sweater by Kristi Porter. I'm using the Debbie Mumm Traditions yarn in Heather Haze. This is knit sideways with tons of short rows. I love how this is striping, how the colors fade into each other. And, a bonus of sorts, how the stripes are vertical. Gotta love slimming vertical stripes.

There are two pieces to the tank. I'm about halfway finished with the front (or the back depending on which side I like better.)

I had to frog a portion of it. The pattern isn't quite clear on the short row stuff. If I had been paying attention and remembering how to do short rows on socks, I wouldn't have had to frog and start over. I forgot to pick up the wraps on the stitches and the wraps stuck out like a sore thumb because of it. Oops. So, after a few colorful words once I realized what had happened, it got ripped back and I began again, this time remembering to pick up the wraps. Can't I have just one project go without any mistakes made in it? Just once? Please?

It feels like I'm flying through this pattern. Of course, that could be because I've been immersed in lace weight yarn for the past month and a half too. Let's hear it for the instant gratification projects! Yay!
Ride like the wind Bullseye!
The Youngest has discovered Toy Story 2. Notice the Woody doll on the back of the horse. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:18 AM

    That is going to be a very cute sweater!

    ReplyDelete