Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Birthday!

I'm back! Sorry for the long break. I was out of town and then sick with the crud. The crud is still hanging on, but it's getting better.


First off = We got a new puppy! (yes, we are gluttons for punishment.) But. I haven't been able to get a good pic of her yet. She's tiny and moves too much. I'll get it for you later.


My Dad's feet make their first appearance on the blog!

I finally finished the socks for my Dad. Barely made it under the wire. I've decided that making a man's sock is not fun, especially when I have a deadline. A few too many stitches. I really loved this pattern though. It's the Baby Cable Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. I used two size 2 circs and Knit Picks Sock yarn in Essential - Terrain Twist. The toe was from the Magic Cast-On tutorial and the heel is a short row one. I was worried that the cable would be too feminine, but this turned out to be a really nice manly sock. The color turned out great too. It should match a lot of his wardrobe.

Check out what happened to a candle on my Mom's mantle. There were some others, but this is the only sad one. They have gas logs and this one was directly over the fireplace. Guess it got a little too hot huh?

One Sad Candle


And last to be mentioned, Today is the Youngest's Birthday! The official party will be next Saturday, but he gets the first mention today.

Happy 2nd Birthday Youngest!


Be sure and check out tomorrow's post - a contest is coming!

1 comment: