Friday, October 09, 2009

Silver Soldering

Last weekend I got to do something incredibly fun.  I took a soldering class at a local bead store. 

The class was exhausting,  tt went from 10:30am 'til 5:00pm.  The funny thing is, I don't have much to show for it:





This was all we accomplished in 7ish hours.  Doesn't look like much does it?  Of course, we started with plain sterling silver wire and got all these different effects with just a hammer and a blow torch, so I suppose that's not too bad.  The teacher has been doing this professionally for about 25 years and learned from an exacting German jeweler. 

The rings above will eventually be put together into a necklace or bracelet, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Now,  I have to go now and finish up a Medusa costume for a Halloween party at my son's school tonight,  You guys have a great weekend!