Monday, September 13, 2010

Skull Pops!

 Anyone who has been reading my blog for a while knows that two things never go out of style in this house of boys:  Skulls and Flames.  If you have either of those, you're cool for life.  So how could I turn down some awesome silicone skull ice trays I found a few days ago at the Dollar Tree?

 I've been having so much fun brainstorming on how we could use them.  Obviously, the first thing we did was to make ice, but that didn't go over so well.  While he liked the ice, The Youngest became really mad when the skulls melted.  So, on to project #2:

Skull Pops!

What you'll need:

Almond Bark Candy - both white and chocolate
Popsicle sticks
Microwave
Skull Ice Tray

1.  Melt almond bark candy (vanilla) in the microwave according to directions and pour it into one side of the tray:

2010_09130018

 I sprinkled some Cocoa into the trays to help them release and also so that the skull faces would show up better against the white candy.  When I do this again, I'll leave out the cocoa since I wasn't really pleased with how it turned out.  Next, melt the chocolate almond bark candy and pour it into the other side.

2.  Let cool and then pop the skulls out of the tray:

2010_09130022


  2.  Melt a little more of the almond bark and use it as a glue on one of the white skulls and one of the chocolate.  Place a popsicle stick in between them and then stick them together like so:

2010_09130025


Some of my "glue" oozed out of the last one a little, but nobody around here minded in the least, it was just more candy to be consumed.  You can easily wipe the excess away.

3.  Let these cool and then devour:

2010_09130029


You'll notice that there's one missing.  The Youngest grabbed one and ran before I could snap a pic of them all together.

These will be perfect for a Halloween (or for my household a whenever) treat!
blog comments powered by Disqus